Alternative to cell extractions>>what's your opinion?
Hello, I’m an average citizen who has no experience with prisons, jails or law enforcement. Having watched numerous TV programs about prisons & jails from all over the US, I find all institutions seem to use a group of staff members, heavily armored, to forcibly remove inmates from cells when needed. Naturally, this ties up a lot of staff resources and potentially exposes them to harm....
Officer Wellness Terry Campbell
Imagine you are walking the prison hallways and a fight breaks out in a barracks. You and other officers run to the barracks and access the incident and restrain inmates. The inmates are escorted to the infirmary, and the incident is being investigated. Now that the adrenaline ceases, you begin to feel a tightness in your chest, recognize shortness of breath, you become dizzy, and other officers notice this and ask what is wrong. The next thing you know you are in the infirmary being checked by medical personnel...
Also this week:
Reports to the Warden. Directly supervises the Chief of Security, Maintenance Supervisor, Mailroom Coordinator, Programs Manager, Classification, Laundry Coordinator, Grievance Investigator and Manager. Responsible for the overall management of security, grievance, investigations, laundry services and maintenance functions in compliance with Emerald Correctional Management and Jail Standards established by the Texas Commission on Jail Standards...
full job posting
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jun 21-25, 2014 – National Sheriff's Association Annual Conference and Exhibition - Fort Worth, TX
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
" Happiness is not so much in having or sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. "
– Norman MacEwan