>> what's your opinion?
I recently got selected to help revise our department Radio Communication and welfare check SOP. dont really have any ideas, what we have in place is a mess and hope i can get feed back or any other SOP being used currently...
view full thread
Regardless of what corrections field you are employed in, you need to be knowledgeable about legal issues. Often, our first encounter with corrections legal issues occurs when some employees are working toward completing their education, training academies, and in-service training. In addition, we have our daily work activities and on-the-job learning experiences. The next question may be, just how prepared are we...
read full story
Also this week:
Provides security for inmates housed at the Jackson County Detention Center. The employee must follow written procedures and guidelines in the department’s policy and procedure manual. The incumbent may be assigned to different posts, areas and shifts depending upon the needs of the operation. Overtime is required and the employee is subject to being called in when staffing shortages, department emergencies arise..
>> view full job posting
- Apr 21-25, 2018 - 2018 Conference & Jail Expo
- Apr 21-24, 2018 - Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care
- Apr 30-May 04, 2018 - NAAWS Training Conferences
- May 10-11, 2018 - ILGIA 10TH ANNUAL GANG SYMPOSIUM
- May 17-20, 2018 - ASCA Southern Region Meeting
- Jun 05-07, 2018 - ASCA Western Region Meeting
- Jul 15-16 - Correctional Mental Health Care Conference
- Jul 29-Aug 03, 2018 - 2018 United States Deputy Warden's Association Annual Conference
- Aug 02-05, 2018 - ASCA Summer Conference
- Sept 19-20, 2018 - ASCA Midwest Region Meeting
- Oct 14-17, 2018 - 2018 Women Working in Corrections & Juvenile Justice Conference
- Oct 20-24, 2018 - National Conference on Correctional Health Care
Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.
- Khalil Gibran