>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Can i get into corrections??

Subscribe to Can i get into corrections?? 5 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Basically study policy and procedures. Most id common sense security.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

Well there is no reason you should not be able to. You must have a high school deploma or GED. You will have to pass basic math and english skills. Then a physical test which will not be too hard. Then you will have to pass a basic knowledge test and backround check. They will also piss test you somewhere after testing. Then you will go to training and be tested there once that is over with if you can get past your probationary period you should be set for the long haul. So long as none of your privious charges keep you from owning a fire arm.

Male user Alex 16 posts

So many States, who knows how they all assess for sure. In general with your juvenile record it will matter how you approach it to them, can show how you’ve changed and matured? A bad driving record might not seem like a big deal for a job you may not do a lot of driving for but it says something about you, possibly that you don’t learn your lessons, so how can an employer be sure you’ve learned your juvenile lessons? Even if they are ok with what you’ve done you have to keep in mind how big the hiring pool might be. If they have one or more guys just as qualified but no records ever, chances are you’re out.

10444618 1432977003633754 2314884016718849642 n corey1high 2 posts

NO one? come on

10444618 1432977003633754 2314884016718849642 n corey1high 2 posts

Hello everybody, my name is corey high im 24 and im out of New Hampshire. I was wondering if I could get into corrections.. I don’t have ANY felonies I only have a few small charges from when I was a teenager and a bad driving record.. What are my chances at becoming a correction officer do they do medical checks and what not? any answers greatly apprichiated!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015