>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

How are group home educational services delivered?

Subscribe to How are group home educational services delivered? 3 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Drc logo small OHIOco 10 posts

Hello,

My name is Jacob Metzger. I work for the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections. I am sending this e-mail in regards to a scared straight type of program I want to start at my institution. I was hoping someone might have some kind of resource that could help me with legal issues, liability issues and solutions to each of those. I was also wanting to inquire as to see if anyone knew of any other agency I could contact to get some ideas. If you could get back with me I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Male user jmartin 10 posts

Depends on the size of the placement home, the restrictions or level of group home, the child’s needs, etc. Most low level step down from incarceration group homes try to re-integrate the youth back into the community which requires them attending public schools. Obviously, this varies from state to state, and from child to child.

Male user JDS 1 post

I’m would like to know how educational services are delivered for youth in group homes for juvenile justice involved youth. Is it provided on-site or does the youth attend the local school?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015