>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Education for Correctional Officers

Subscribe to Education for Correctional Officers 3 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Svt FordSVT 60 posts

Do you think it’s a good idea to have an avitar with your picture?
Just a heads up.

19532 1085057063396 1735490501 158429 3095518 s Smilie41 6 posts

I really believe that we as Corrections Officers we should have up-to-date education on the latest weapons, first aid, fire, training, defense training and drug information. I have been off on disability due to having cancer so when I do return to work in 2011, i am going to be behind on things. I need to be updated on things, such as first aid, defense training, weapons, etc..

We in Canada have a good pension plan so we can choose to work after retirment at any job..!!!

Ad ps3004faith posters securityinve... 2 posts

Often, I ponder on where the priority and importance lies for correctional officers. As a veteran in the field, and knowledgeable of the laws and policies that govern, I wonder what correctional officers think about the role of continuing and advanced education.

Like the majority of Law Enforcement, correctional officers’ wear and tear on their body, can limit or create difficult to job performance in the later years of their life. What and Where does the correctional officer go after his or her service is complete. Retirement has become almost obsolete as inflation and insurance cost rise, the need to bring in additional income is evident.

I have been fortunate to continue and advance my education throughout my career and to find areas that are almost hidden to correctional officers to offer a very bright future. It is my initiative to go further that resulted in me owning my own company, and the decision has been one of the best I’ve made in my life.

While to each their own, I wonder if correctional officers really understand the talent and wealth of knowledge they posses and how it is needed. If at all possible investigate in continuing your educational and broadening your horizons. There are many, many opportunities that exist, and believe it or not, yearn for our experience and expertise.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015